Gartner’s Top End User Predictions
I love this stuff. Gartner just released their Top End User Predictions for 2010. All kinds of food for thought in this. Among other things, I’m going to have to add another category of costs to my ROI analysis for Carbon. Over all, they predict technology is becoming intrinsic to every aspect of society, not just to business. Other specific predictions are:
- By 2012, 20% of businesses will own no IT assets.
- By 2012, India-centric IT service companies will represent 20% of the leading cloud aggregators in the market.
- By 2012, Facebook will become the hub for social networks integration and Web socialization.
- By 2014, most IT business cases will include carbon remediation costs.
- In 2012, 60% of a new PC’s total life greenhouse gas emissions will have occurred before the user first turns the machine on.
- Internet marketing will be regulated by 2015, controlling more than $250 billion in Internet marketing spending worldwide.
- By 2014, more than three billion of the world’s adult population will be able to transact electronically via mobile and Internet technology.
- By 2015, context will be as influential to mobile consumer services and relationships as search engines are to the Web.
- By 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide.